Re: starting problems - batt. maintainer - solar

To: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>
Subject: Re: starting problems - batt. maintainer - solar
From: Eric Armstrong <ericarm@alum.calberkeley.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:52:14 -0700
I've got an Optima deep cycle batt, yellow top.  Not only is it a fashion
statement (goes w/the yellow car) it's a top notch battery.  My car was
(sadly) in  storage for over a year (spring 2000-summer 2001) - I left the
battery hooked up b/c my dad wouldn't listen to my training of how to use
the battery kill key to turn the battery on to run the car occasionally for
me.  He never ran the car for me anyway so the joke's on me, isn't it?l

Anyway, the car's clock drained the battery...but when I finally got back
to the car, I jumped it, and a few hours of driving later it's fully
charged and has been great ever since.  Holds it's charge like a champ.

my $.02.

-Eric
'66 1600