RE: Oil Testing Results and Consumer Reports

To: "Alex Avery" <aavery@rica.net>, "Gordon Glasgow"
Subject: RE: Oil Testing Results and Consumer Reports
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:02:05 -0500
Alex Avery wrote

>*  Federal CAFE fuel mileage standards that cause companies to sell 50 mpg
>Geo Metros at a $ loss to balance out sales of lower mileage SUVs and
>trucks and also have the highest driver deaths per mile driven because
>they're designed to get high fuel mileage;
and
>because CU figures that consumers are too stupid to figure stuff out
  Seems to me that with overwhelming popularity of topheavy, bloated
oversized four wheel drive vehicles used primarily for commuting and
picking up groceries and kids, Consumer's Union may be on to something
with the stupid theory.   I personally wish there weren't so many of
these behemoths on the road.  people think they drive like cars...they
don't...nor do they stop like cars.  to the peril of the Geo Metro..or
roadster owner.   Some folks have good reason to choose these vehicles
for towing, hauling etc.  But as a commuter box they're ludicrous.

...<end_soapbox_mode_end>

-Marc T.

Marc Tyler
Designer,