Re: 1969 Datsun Sports Ad

To: Daryl Smith <darylsmith@telus.net>,
Subject: Re: 1969 Datsun Sports Ad
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 18:31:28 -0500
>Daryl Smith

> I scanned it into jpeg and it is large, 1.6 MB .
> If anyone has a website they want to put it up on, or if you want a copy let
> me know.

Jpeg is the most commonly used still image format. It's pretty much
universal. Depending on your resolution and image size, a jpeg shouldn't be
that large. For display on a computer or in video, anything greater that 150
dpi is probably overkill and 1024 x 768 is as big as you need. Take a look
at:

<http://www.courtesyparts.com/secondtier_sentra2002.html>

And go to the bottom of that page and you'll see that they're offering the
three most popular image sizes for screen backgrounds. For (NTSC) video
images get converted to 640 x 480 at 72 DPI anyway. Not exactly high res.
You might rescan the image at 800 x 600 and 640 x 480 and compare the file
sizes with your original. I think you'll be surprised.

BTW, this new SE-R Spec V looks to be awesome. From what I understand the PR
folks at Nissan have actually pulled their heads out of the up and locked
position they've been in in recent years and are hawking the new SE-R as
being descended from the 510, somewhat like they were doing with the new Z.
Now if they'll just go one more step back in history, they might give the
roadster the recognition it deserves.

I also understand that Nissan corporate has been blown away with the
interest that's been generated by the participation of the BRE 510s at
Laguna Seca this weekend. Maybe now they'll realize the marketing benefits
they might derive from helping us keep the "Datsuns" in the public eye.
Couldn't hurt to write a few letters and emails expressing that interest. My
guess is that we need to make ourselves heard while the corporate ears are
tuned to the vintage racing scene.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)