RE: Manifold to exh -pipe fit/tranny mount

To: "'snyler'" <marc@animalfirm.com>,
Subject: RE: Manifold to exh -pipe fit/tranny mount
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:43:34 -0700
>I've unbolted the exhaust manifold from the engine, and undone the 3 bolt
flange at the junction of the manifold and the exhaust pipe, and there it
sits like they were welded together.

Sounds like funny business to me. they should part easily.

>The trans.mount fasteners to remove  in order to pull the engine are the
two nuts accessible through the round holes in the crosspiece that bridges
the X member.

That's right. after you remove those bolts, remove the four bolts holding
the cross piece on as well. Be sure to take this opportunity to clean and
paint it.