reply: Seat mounting

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: reply: Seat mounting
From: Fergus OFarrell <FOFarrell@qtww.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:38:53 -0700
Barney, yes you can drill new holes for rear mounting.  There are no wire
looms to worry about under there, just don't drill thru your exhaust on the
driver side, DOH!  Try not to move the mountings off the flattened portion
of the flooring, onto the corrugated part (you'll see when you pull the
carpet), as this has been stiffened (doubled-up) for a reason.  As others
have mentioned, seat mounting is a major safety item (especially in
rear-enders) so put on some good size fender washers and use hi-grade
bolts/nuts.  I put nylocks on mine as well.  I also stepped up the stud size
from whatever Honda had on there.  Fergus O