Re: Starter Question

To: "Mike Harper" <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Starter Question
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 19:22:51 -0400
Mike,

What a funny coincidence I'm going to purchase one also after struggling to
get my 2L starter out. I couldn't remove the header because of the damn
starter. I am going to buy one of TS Imported's gear reduction starters that
are tiny compared to a 2L starter. $225. 1-800-543-6648.

FWIW, there were some starters out there several years ago that had the
wrong amount of teeth on them but your problem is not that. Sounds like the
starter pinion gear is hanging up or the solenoid isn't pulling it out far
enough. Could be the lube dried up in the starter and it's not moving
freely. Or it could be the solenoid.

I hope you can fix it w/o removing the damn starter.

Mike