Re: Top, Tonneau and boot

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Top, Tonneau and boot
From: Marc Sayer <marcsayer@home.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:42:24 -0700
Having had a lot of experience with Robbins tops in my British car days I will
say it is more than just a matter of taste. The Robbins top has a real shrinkage
problem and will not fit well because of it in as little as a single year in
really hot climates. Cooler climates will take a bit longer, but the results
will be the same. The shrinkage is especially bad side-to-side where there is no
way to stretch it back out when you put the top back up. But even the other way
can be bad if the top is left off for a long time. I know of one MGB that broke
the windshield trying to stretch the Robbins top as they put it up. Admittedly,
their windshield was chipped but even so...

I strongly suggest Stan or Les as the source for tops.

--
Marc Sayer
82 280ZXT