Re: VIN #

To: Joe Rubio <joe@venuesports.com>,
Subject: Re: VIN #
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:32:28 -0800 (PST)
Either it was originally a 1600 or the dash was, since the dash is
replaceable.  Do you have the '70 side marker lights, front turn
signals, and rear reflectors?  It's possible your car isn't even a '70.
 If you've got the 2000 engine and transmission, you may still have the
1600 rear end.  I'm sure there are other differences but those are the
big ones, besides cosmetics and shifter hole.

Speaking of which, if you remove the shifter plate, the hole should be
elongated for the original 4 speed tranny shifter.  Originally the
68-70 had different shifter holes, although there is a covered section
for whatever shifter was not used.

What does the VIN ID plate under the hood say?  What do the pink slip
and registration say?  The final word is the frame, but I won't go into
that again.

--- Joe Rubio <joe@venuesports.com> wrote:
> List,
>
> I'm a bit confused here, maybe someone can help me out.  I have the
> following VIN # on the dash of my Roadster:  VIN SPL311 29219.
>
> Haven't checked the frame, but will do so if needed.
>
> According to the Rallye website it is the VIN number for a 1970 1600.
>
> My engine and pink slip say it's a 2000.  Who's right?  Second
> question,
> if it is in fact a 1600 with a 2000 engine, will an engine harness
> for a
> 2000 work in a 1600?
>
> Thanks for anyone who can help me get to Solvang...Joe
>
> ///
> ///

=====
Adam