Re: O.T. Idiot of the Month Award

To: Fred Schroeder <roadster@texoma.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: O.T. Idiot of the Month Award
From: Dan and Louise Yates <yates@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:44:31 -0600
Took my wifes 2001 Outback into the shop for a faulty washer pump switch. I
had checked the fuse and it was fine. Tested the leads and there was no
power going to the pump so it had to be the switch, right? Turns out that I
had simply FORGOT that you have to push the button on the end of the stalk
to make the washers work and that pulling the stalk towards you simply
pulses the wipers. The service guys were trying to keep from laughing. More
than I can say for my wife.
"Idiot of the Month"??? Where do I pick up my prize?

Dan Yates