roadster dilema

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: roadster dilema
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 01:13:02 -0800 (PST)
Hi folks,
first off, I consider each and everyone of you friends, if I've met you
or not.
this post is very roadster related, yet life related. I feel a bit
foolish for asking, but here goes. I'd appreciate any input.

I am going to have to move soon, around January. I'm not rich, heck not
even affluent. (maybe not even middle class)
hell, I'm a musician and guitar builder, that makes me kook of sorts.
anyway... to the point.

I own 3 roadsters and one or more may have to go. I cannot afford to
restore 3. I want to keep them all and cannot decide which to cut
loose.

1) my current daily driver; 70 1600
Pluses;
new interior, brakes, glass, matching #s, has paint, new batt,great
stereo, roll bar, blah, blah
minuses;
needs top, exhaust system, ball joints, non smog dist, fender patch
panels needed

2) 66 1600 Primer king
Pluses;
 new shocks, new 1 3/4 inch exhaust system, header' rebuilt motor (top
and bottom),
comp springs and sway bar in front, new canvas soft top, 2L clutch,runs
great, good stereo, has the best tranny I have ever driven.
minuses;
 salvage title, has body issues, (no rust or major damage but lots of
body work is needed to "get it right"), smokes (valve seal or ring
problems), needs interior.

3) 67.5 1600
plusses;
 body pretty good doors line up nice, it's all there, has potential, no
rust.
Minuses;
 hasn't been started since 95, needs some body work on the fenders,
hasn't been registered since 95, it's red (that's a joke, son),
Dont know how it will run, no #s match.

 basically all 3 cars would be great "if" (I had the money to restore
them all)
I am prejudiced toward the low screen cars, that is a factor to
consider as well.

 thanks for humoring me,
Roman (confused in Socal)
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1