Re: Road wheel bushings

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Road wheel bushings
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 07:04:49 -0800 (PST)
Pat, and list,

I had some made and they work great.  The small run
that I did ended up being pretty expensive, and I sold
2 sets to the first (and only) commers for $20 a set
(16).  I put a set on my roadster, and donated another
to a "worthy cause".  The ones I sold were quite nice,
I think (comments), but at $20 not cheap.  The thing
is, about the time I was ready to produce them
(probably much cheaper in bulk), someone found a
source for 7/16 aftermarket lug nuts with .73" shanks,
making the project dead on arrival.  (the sleeves have
an OD of.75 which is a nice tight fit in the holes)

I still have some stock if someone wants some sleeves
cut.  I will ck on how much it will cost, but should
be < $20 per set, now that I know what I am doing and
have the stock).  The best alternative is the lug nut
source however, IMHO.  The nuts sell for about $40
shipped.  I have not bought them, but several folks
have.

Hope this helps.

Mike Harper
'66 1600