Re: thieves everywhere

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: thieves everywhere
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 07:39:17 -0600
Bummer!

One thing I like about where I live, my dogs (who bark),
and nosy neighbors who call the cops.

I was on vacation on year, and someone parked their ex's
truck in my driveway (long, long story... person is a
little nuts) to "hide" it from him. Well, it was there all
of two MINUTES before the cops called her to ask why she
parked it there! Man, I love my neighbors.

Best one... fellow next door works for the Attorney General's
office. 20 years on the job, and has made a few "friends".
Minute I spot an unknown person/vehicle... radar goes up.

Called on one fellow sitting in his car, a few houses down.
Police explained there wasn't anything they could do (I called
the direct, non emergency number - not 911 in this case).
Mentioned who the neighbor was, person was watching the
street, and I hadn't seen him before. Few minutes later there
were five cop cars. Two unmarked had the fellow blocked front
and rear, three marked police. Ahem, the "suspicious fellow"
was an insurance salesmen waiting for someone else to get
home!!! I felt really embarrassed, but my neighbor laughed on that
one... he explained that it will clear out any rif raf for a
good six months (word gets out quickly).

Ya, small Texas towns are still pretty good places to live.
Better when half the neighborhood is "work at home" mom's,
and there are four police officiers who live on my street! ;-)

Tom Walter