Re: Inner Fender R&R

To: "Hoaglan, Dean C" <dean.hoaglan@honeywell.com>,
Subject: Re: Inner Fender R&R
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 20:37:15 -0800
"Hoaglan, Dean C" wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> The passenger side inner fender on my '66 1600 is seriously rusted through.
>It seems to be the victim of a decades past
> battery boil over.  Does anyone have any tips or advice on replacing it?
>And, does anyone have a decent replacement
> they could sell?
>
> Thanks, your help is always appreciated.

Dean,
I had similar trouble with my 67.5.
I bought a NOS one from Rallye, bought a spot
weld drill bit/cutter and drilled out the spot welds.
Then you grind down the piece of spot weld left on
the body and re-weld the new piece back on.  I am
a Chiropractor, and do body work on people,  :-)
so that means I am not an auto body professional,.
and I really haven't welded before.  I used a 110
mig welder with gas and it turned out ok.  It would
be hard for you to tell it wasn't a factory installation.
I was a little worried about it at first but it went smoothly.
It looks like everything lines up ok.
Bob
67.5
Moscow