I bought a solex car this weekend

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: I bought a solex car this weekend
From: "Chris Bond" <cbond@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 22:19:28 -0500
Hey everyone. I appriciate all the leads I got on the rustbucket topic I ran a
couple of weeks ago. I found a solex car,close to home too. I'm not sure of
the year yet I wasnt't too conserned with that. I paid half and will get the
car when I pay the rest this weekend or next. The man guarantees it to be a
good motor. I was wanting to build a 2000 out of a good solid 1600 I have. I
am now thinking of dropping it into my 67.5 1600 now that I have the solex
setup. First thing I noticed was a 66 sitting next to the late 2000, the
fenderwell didn,t look like the carbs would fit. I checked my 67.5 and it has
the same indention in the fenderwell for the carbs, another difference in the
half year I guess. I really couldn't check the body out on the car because of
the storage of the car. I know the front end is bent up quite a bit. The back
is ok. It has a different style rear bumper. It has a bar that runs across the
top all the way around, I like it, and its in good shape too. This is the
first time I have ever seen a solex car, don't know a thing about it yet. I
imagine I'll be learning alot. Ya'll will be hearing from me later I'm sure.
Seeya, Chris