Finding Roadsters was Re: I bought a solex car this weekend

To: rulee@cityscape.net, cbond@carolina.rr.com
Subject: Finding Roadsters was Re: I bought a solex car this weekend
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 07:41:11 -0800
Hey All,

Russ Southwell brought up an interesting point about how some people can
find good raodsters in their back yards while other people have to travel
great distances to look at cars only to find that the P.O. "slightly
exagerrated" the car's condition. It's got to be a real pain to drive a
thousand miles to find out the car is a rust bucket.

As a West Coaster, I am spoiled by the fact that the vast majority of cars
are out here and usually within an hour's drive at the most. One of my
missions in life (I've got others, but this one applies here!) is to get as
many Datsun Roadsters on the road as possible and into the hands of people
who will appreciate them. I have both practical and impractical reasons for
this. The practical deals with the fact that the more cars we have on the
road the more business we give to our vendors who get us the parts and
service we need. We also need to keep the pressure on Nissan to maintain the
heritage of these cars. As far as the impractical reasons, I probably don't
have top explain those to this group.... ;-)

So I put it to all of the people out there who are looking for cars. If you
see one on the West Coast I will be happy to go look at it, take pics and
forward to you, test drive, and give my honest opinion about the car. The
folks that live in areas where roadsters are not plentiful (relatively) need
our help and I for one will be glad to.

I have turned on quite a few people to Datsun Roadsters and I can think of
four cars that were purchased because I took the time to help further the
cause of our cars. I hope that other Roadster owners join in helping others
discover one of the greatest cars ever.

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500