Re: gear oil question

To: <Geegc@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gear oil question
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 16:07:31 -0500
I would definitely use Red Line MT90. The problem with 4 speeds is the poor
lubrication of the countershaft bearings. The synthetic should help a great
deal with that problem. I used it in my 4 speed and when I dismantled it I
saw no wear at all. It didn't help my worn synchro :(

Before installing the tranny definitely check the countershaft bearings,
shaft and gear. If you didn't replace the shaft and bearings already, do so.
Check the synchros too as you don't want to have to pull it after only a few
years like me.

Mike