Re: Adjust float levels in a 1600

To: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Adjust float levels in a 1600
From: "Toshiyuki Sasakado" <sasakado.toshiyuki@ssd.loral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:39:10 -0800
Adam,

I use Chilton's DATSUN 1961 to 1972 book to adjust float bowl lever.  I can
make a copy and fax the page for you or you can purchase from

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0801957907/qid%3D/104-5595191-0143102

Page 89 said,
Float bowl fuel level should be .87-.95" from the top edge of the bowl with
the float in place.
To adjust the level:
1. Remove the float chamber covers.
2. Place the covers upside down.
3. Lift the float lever and slowly lower it until the float lever seat just
contacts the valve stem.
4. Check dimension H.  It should be .55"-.59".  Note that some carburetors
have free floats and others have the float in unit with the float lever.
5. Reassemble carburetors.  Fuel level should now be correct.........

Good luck.
It work for me.

Toshi