Re: ignition wires

To: Geegc@aol.com
Subject: Re: ignition wires
From: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 22:20:40 -0700
Gary,
FWIW, the wire sets for a 1979-81 Datsun "A" series engine (210 or 310 models)
are a perfect fit for the R16 or U20 engine.  The layout of the distributor and
spark plugs is virtually identical between these engines.  All of the auto parts
stores have listings for the Datsun 210 and 310 and usually stock the wire sets.
OTOH, cutting wires to fit can also be done, providing the kit is provided to do
it.  I made my wire set from bulk MSD cable and the crimp fittings they provided
with the kit.  They've lasted 14 years so far.
Gary Boone
WyCROC
SRL311-13767