RE: American Classic Cars in Cuba

To: "'datsunmike'" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: American Classic Cars in Cuba
From: "Dziuba, Larry" <LarryD@pengrowth.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:54:31 -0700
I haven't seen the program to which you are referring.  However, I went to
Cuba in around 1978.  It was to be one of my younger brothers last hurrah
before getting married.  Things were still fairly "communistic" around the
world back then.  Each hotel along the beaches in the Veradaro area was
designated to the politically aligned countries.  Quite funny really.
Anyway, there were classic chevies everywhere.  I don't know how they kept
them in such great shape but it had to be the great need to do so and
incredible perseverance.  The guys there loved their cars - quite a univeral
thing.  I recently read an article about old harleys there too.  Apparently,
some parts were replaced with car parts or machined to keep the old beasts
working.  Larry.