Re: 2000 flywheel bolts

To: James M Koken <james.m.koken@gte.net>
Subject: Re: 2000 flywheel bolts
From: "Gary K. McCormick" <gkmcc@netgate.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:28:21 -0800
Unless you think that pulling your engine/tranny is a really enjoyable way to
spend an afternoon (another afternoon that will be coming up very soon), you
don't want to use hardware store bolts in that application! Get the RIGHT bolts
from a dealer or one of the Roadster vendors. The stresses to which flywheel
bolts are subject are beyond the capabilities of even Grade 8 fasteners. They
have to be tougher and stronger to take the axial and shear loads to which they
are subjected.

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA