Re: Photos of Seat Belts

To: "Deena Petrie" <dpetrie@megsinet.net>,
Subject: Re: Photos of Seat Belts
From: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:29:07 -0600
Deena Petrie wrote

>Hi all,
>
>I'm still looking for the photos to re-install my seat belts.  If anyone has
>some photos I would appreciate it very much.
>I'm a little confused as to what the two straps are that connect to the wall
>between the trunk and cargo area. And where the shoulder strap goes.
Don't have pics, but the sholder strap mounts to threaded holes you'll
find on the rear wheel well bulges on the inside surface.  Inboard mounts
are on the drive tunnel as far as I recall, and outboard mounts are
behind the door.  I should check on this.  It's much easier to put the
belts in when the seats are out, much less likely to mar the upholstery.
The shoulder strap connects with the lap belt with a little hook affair
on the buckle insert.  The pin in the shoulder strap slides into the
hook.  I found the shoulder strap really uncomfortable and have 2" 4
point harnesses from Diest installed.  Still not ideal, the shoulder
straps are anchored to the bulkhead behind the seat with large backing
plates to distribute the load in an accident.  Ideally the shoulder
straps should be anchored high, like on a rollbar...

-Marc T.