Re: O/T, sort of: exotic nissan sighting

To: csp311@telia.com
Subject: Re: O/T, sort of: exotic nissan sighting
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:40:16 EST
<< Silvia was presented a year ahead of the Fulvia.
It also had more power and was RWD unlike the
Lancia. >.

Thomas - difficult one to call. This is what I have:

Fulvia saloon debuted at the Geneva Motorshow in early 1963. Work on the
Silvia started in 1963 - finally debuted at the Tokyo Motor Show in October
1964 when it was badged the Datsun 1500 Coupe - Silvia name supposedly came a
short time after, about the time that the Fulvia Coupe came in March 1965.
Production of the Silvia supposedly started in March 1965 although a few were
built in 1964. Either way, it's a great car and I've always wanted to have
one! ;-)

Check out the Fulvia badge which is also very similar.

http://www.viva-lancia.com/fulvia/fulvia2.gif
http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/silviaemblemsm.jpg

Rob
www.fairlady.org