Re: New to the field..

To: erd1550@juno.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New to the field..
From: Beamonk@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:54:09 EST
Welcome, you have come to the right place. 1. Brakes are shot, replace
everything, clean out the lines.  Radiator, take out and have cleaned,
replace thermostat. Carbs, disassemble and rebuild, kits are cheap and hope
they are not frozen. Fuel tank etc, remove and have cleaned, rebuilt or
replace. Blow out lines.
 Engine, remove valve cover, make sure evil L beacket at the top of cam gear
is not worn or has fallen in between the timing chain, shine down there to be
sure no piece of metal is not down there. Check that chain is not worn or has
alot of slack, others will clue you in. Remove plugs pour Kroll (a lubricant
make by Kano labs in Nashville) or Marvel mystery oil down the plug holes and
let soak for several days. With the radiator removed, you can put a big
socket on the crankshaft bolt and try to turn the motor over. Change the oil,
flush everything, replace battery cables, clean engine, transmission grounds,
electrical connectors.
There is alot to do, make sure you take your time and do it correctly, some
engines can crank ane run after a long hibernation, you need to be PATIENT.
Contact the list, we are here to help. We like pictures too!
Good luck,
John Brasfield
SEROC
If in N.C. you can join SEROC, the fastest growind ROC.