Re: Solex versus SU

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Solex versus SU
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:39:01 -0800
Sid asks:
> I have a 2000 motor with an A cam in it.  I also have SUs and Solex
> carbs/manifolds available...  I wanted to hear opinions about which
> carbs to put on the car.

What do you plan on doing with the car?

Is it a street cruiser, in stop-and-go traffic? Or is it a freeway rocket,
running in defiance of the speed limit? Do you want to drive conservatively,
keeping it below 4000 RPM and preserving those timing chains, or do you
live for the thrill of 6000 RPM as a habit?

Also keep in mind that without the B cam, a lot of the advantage of the
solex will go untapped.

-- John
        Stock SU's, non-stock cam