Distributor cam orientation

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Distributor cam orientation
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 12:18:13 -0600 (CST)
Ol' "lets get with it, I know what I'm doing" got a bit ahead of himself
this morning and tore down my distributor, not seeing that the advance cam
has two different sized slots in it for the weight pins. It appears that
the weights are the same, but one weight has a heavier spring than the
other. I kept the springs with the weights they were on to start with.
Which way does the cam go, heavy spring w/long hole or light spring with
long hole?

I guess I can work on other things on the car while I await a response!

Peace
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner