reply: seat mounting

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: reply: seat mounting
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 06:25:34 -0800
Yes, yes, yes. Replace these 1/2" seat washers with bigger, much bigger.
And ny-locks on the seat studs wouldn't be a bad idea either.  Seatbelts
only work if the seat stays attached to the floor.  And the seat originally
had two mounting points, so the '1-1/2 moved back' you see may just be
stock, unless there are 3 sets of holes. (can't imagine why this would be
done on the pass-side, you always have more legroom because there are no
pedals.  Oh, except in the front bench seat of the Ford Country Squire when
your mom is driving and she is 5'2")
Fergus O (got my Gary Boone distributor yesterday, I'm so excited I nearly
called in sick)