Re: Horn button ring- urethane anyone?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Horn button ring- urethane anyone?
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 12:51:31 EST
In a message dated 4/6/02 8:59:38 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
vlaury@earthlink.net writes:

> I know that there are some members with better knowledge of plastics,
> Anybody suggest better material or process?

 INCIDENTALLY....  we had dug one out from the parts bins the other day with
hopes getting them made. If anyone rememebers, Mark & I are the US
distributors for the SuperFlex (SuperPro in AU) Urethane Bushing line.  We
have the resources to send them out and have them done up in  * urethane*.
We've had other stuff done up before (Lucas mirror mount gaskets were the
latest) and are very happy w/ the quality. Turn-around can be a few months..
but heck.. the cars have been around w/out the ring for longer than that
!.......

Alas, the ring that we have has deteriorated enough that it's not a good
original.   If someone wants to work w/ us by sending a good one (will be
sacrificed, but replaced! - "be the first on your block to be a horn ring
martyr!!" ) We could get this thing going.  (Vendors?)

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC
Chandler, AZ