2002 West Coast Z Nationals

To: Ahorwitz55@aol.com, amatkins@qnet.com, arthur@vistamediagroup.com,
Subject: 2002 West Coast Z Nationals
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:14:20 -0700
Hello Rockers!

I am sure that everyone is gearing up for Solvang as am 1 and I expect it to
be the biggest Solvang ever. If you are on the fence about coming, I suggest
you come as it promises to be a BIG show with lots of roadsters and great
people in attendence.

However, I'd also like to remind people about the upcoming West Coast Z
Nationals put on by Motorsport Auto in Orange, California. This show has
always somewhat conflicted with Solvang being held on the last Sunday of
April and always the day after Solvang.

This year the show will be held one week later on Sunday, May 5th. If you
have never seen this show it is quite something as there are hundreds of Z
cars in attendance with lots of customs, stock, vendors and coverage by the
Spped Channel. Last year, Edgar Gonzalez's 1960 SPL212 was featured on
Hemmings road show. I was also interviewed by them and got my car on the
show for a few seconds. Our cars stand out from the Zs and they draw lots of
admirers and attention.

Greg Smith from Motorsport Auto has graciously invited all roadsters to
exhibit their cars at the show and since we are not Z cars there is no
charge for us to show. Last year we had great placement near the center of
the show. They block off the entire street in front of Motorsport auto and
it is quite a sight. I will be there in my 64 1500 and I hope that as many
SoCalROC members as possible come out to show their cars.

If interested, let me know and I will provide you with information and
directions.

See you at Solvang!

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC