RE: solex question

Subject: RE: solex question
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:51:02 -0400
Here's what I know.
the cars originally had 37mm chokes with A jet blocks 160 main fuel and 250
main air jets.  The fuel jets could have varied from 155-170 on any given
car.  Main airs could have been changed also.
the new style mikunis come with 34mm chokes, 8 jet blocks, 135 main fuel and
140 main air.  The jet blocks have M bleed pipes.  I have no idea if this
second jetting was determined specifically for the application or if that's
the standard jetting that all new 44phh's came with from Mikuni.
I'd be interested to hear what Canadian cars with 34mm chokes have for
jetting.  If it's as above that's good to know.
On a side note I'm still debating whether or not to put the solex's on my
car.  I was about to do it when Ken started in with that $800 KA swap with
15 more hp than his solex U20.  I'm on the fence again as a new set of
solex's could finance a whole SR20DET swap.
Life is hard?!?!?!?!?
Brian '69 2000
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/