Not a fun evening

To: <datsun-Roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Not a fun evening
From: "Jack Davis" <jrd.boulder@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 09:28:53 -0600
Will start with my question then you can read the story if you wish.
   Did roadsters ever use copper crossover lines on the front brakes?

Friday evening I started my brake project. New shoes on the rear, new
pistons & pads on the front. Finally got the rear shoes on (a story for
another time) and decided to take the roadster out for a spin to test my
handy work. Didn't have to worry about stopping.  It wouldn't start. No
grind, no click, no sound at all.

I Jumped it and it started right up but the amp meter did not move off
center. Let it run for about 10 minutes and backed it out of the driveway.
Thought a quick drive might help. It stalled and again nothing. Jumped it
and got it back in the garage and decided to finish the brake project before
tackling the electrical. I may just take it to the shop and have them do it.

Started putting new piston pads on my '69 2000 and discovered the crossover
tube had a 1/4" long "nick" in it. Looks to be about halfway through the
tube. I have some used calipers I bought last year and thought I would use
the crossover from them. They appear to be copper. Did roadsters use copper
brake lines? Any thoughts on using them?

I moved on to the rubber line. Am replacing them with braided stainless. I
can not get the upper connection loose. I am afraid I am going to break off
the brace. Doused it with WD-40 and let it sit over night. Perhaps this
morning will be a brighter day
in spite of the current 32 degrees with threat of snow.

-
Jack Davis
'69 2000
SRL311-11273