Re: Looking for a smog pump mount.

To: reblues <reblues@reblues.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for a smog pump mount.
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:23:47 -0500 (CDT)
I just mounted a GM alternator on the right side of a '68 engine using the
early alternator bracket. I had to drill out the hole through the mount
and space the alternator forward about 0.2", but things lined up fine. At
this time I don't have a front support on the alternator mount, but will
be making one that will mount to the timing chain cover soon.

Oh, when I bought my car the GM alternator was crammed in on the left side
of the engine. It appears that the P.O. had a kit to do this mounting as
there is what appears to be a forward spaced front mount for the
alternator.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner