Re: overheating and temp gauge

To: aaron atkins <amatkins@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: overheating and temp gauge
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:58:36 -0500 (CDT)
There are two typs of senders, one has a pipe thread that goes right into
the head, and the other, which I suspect you have, is a tubular part with
a packing nut to hold it in. If the packing nut is tightened too much it
will be flared out and difficult to get out. It is also possible that the
sender is corroded into the head. I removed the thermostat housing and,
using a punch, drove the sender out. It takes some work, but it can be
done. Good luck!

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner