RE: replacement horns

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: RE: replacement horns
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:22:26 -0700
I was having fits with my horns, and ended up (after dismantling and finding
nothing amiss) purchasing a pair from JC Whitney.
They look shiny and new but point out that the problem is related to the
Grant wheel and my old horn contacts.  The horn bleated like a lamb about 1
out of 5 times honked, once I switched to the Grant wheel it sang 3-4 times
then never again.  In dismantling and checking the relay it is entirely
possible that I have the wiring crossed.  Now I just glare at people and
throw up my hands above the windshield, and never drive in blind spots,
ever.
The point?  Gary, you can have my old ones, I am pretty sure they are fine.
Let me know and I'll bring them this weekend.  If you won't be there let me
know and I'll drop em by your house (in the Valley?) on the way back.  (BTW,
the JCWhit ones are identical to what they sell at Harbor Freight for about
the same price... ~9-10 bucks each.  I bought one hi and one low.)
Fergus O, 69 2000