RE: turn signals (late) CLARIFICATION

To: Greg Hare <ghare@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: turn signals (late) CLARIFICATION
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:52:39 -0500 (CDT)
Thanks, Greg, that makes a difference.

Since the brake lights work thorough the same filaments as the turn
signals, so, if the stop lights work thw wiring from the turn signal
switch to the tail lights is OK.

The only thing that is common to both sides, both front and back, is the
turn signal switch and its associated wiring under the dash. You say that
you replaced the flasher, which was bad and now you can hear the flasher
clicking, but no lights flash. This seems unusual. The flasher needs a
load (lights) to do anything. If the lights are not flashing, but the
flasher is clicking, there is something else going on that we don't see.
According to the wiring diagram that I am looking at the wires that go to
the flasher are white and green. If this is what you have there is
probably either a short somewhere in your wiring, a defective hazzard
switch, or something wrong with the turn signal switch. Are you sure the
flasher that is clicking is the turn signal flasher and not the hazzard
flasher or the dash voltage regulator? I think that the clicking that you
are hearing is not coming from the flasher, but the dash regulator, which
is nearby.

What happens when you turn on the hazzard switch? It uses a separate
flasher.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner