1500 temp sender question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 temp sender question
From: LCinPhxAZ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:24:00 EDT
We suspect that the temp sending unit on our 1500 isn't working.  The gauge
will travel down to cold, but won't budge beyond that regardless of the
engine's temp.  We noticed that the sending unit is underneath a hose that
appears to be running from the engine to the manifold.  It seems that this
hose will have to be removed in order to access the sending unit.  Our local
Napa stocks a temp sending unit that is supposed to fit '64-'67... any
experience if these work?  The unit currently in the Roadster appears to be
one of these Napa parts.

Thanks!
Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
'64 SPL310