Roadster LSD

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Roadster LSD
From: "Jimmy Claypool" <srl311vg@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 20:38:30 -0700
I am experimenting with a roadster/ 510wagon rearend to find different
alternatives for a LSD> I am the service manager for West Coast
Differentials in Sacramento and have a few things to sample at my disposal.
I have looked into the possibility of swapping a Toyota 2WD Truck center
section into a Roadster/510 Wagon rear housing. I have only a few things to
clear up.
1) Custom axles will have to be made to fit the splines of the Toyota side
gears. $295 from Moser or getting toyota axles redrilled to 4x4.5
2) The housing or the drop out would have to be redrilled Toyota D/O has 10
bolts  510 wagon has 8
3) Need to make sure the line bore is straight so that whem you slide the
axles in they would be true into the side gears.

Thats it. I hope to have an example at Shasta  either in my roadster or a
display for all to see. The cost of a roadster/wagon LSD Is around $900 from
Nissan. The cost for my shop to buuild a Toyota D/O is around $950 with your
choice of gear ratios from 3:70 all the way up to 5:29 and a TRD LSD, LOck
Right or a Truetrac plus the cost of axles. I am looking into alternatives
for axles adn if damand is right I may be able to get a discount for a large
order.
I'll answer antone's questions off list or call my office Monday at
800-787-8012

Jimmy