Road Atlanta and special Thanks!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Road Atlanta and special Thanks!
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:28:52 -0400
I got back from Road Atlanta about 3 and a half hours ago.  It was GREAT!
There were 12 Roadsters in attendance.  Alas, the day started too early for
me as I forgot my camera (DOH!!!)  It was great meeting with so many list
members and finally getting to put a face with a name. It was loads of fun.
The only downside is that there were no Datsun Roadster race cars in the
Walter Mitty this weekend.  Maybe next year.

I wanted to give special thanks to a few guys that made the event great -
Jeff Gaver for being the designated driver in the carpool to get there from
Jacksonville - Brian Holland for the ride in the Cool Brown 2000 - Mike
Faggart for driving me around the "Pork Chop" (Road Atlanta's nickname for
those that don't know) in Black Bart - Phil Hall for his gracious loan of
his 1600 to test fit the newly acquired toy (and the chance to actually
drive a roadster for the first time in about 15 years) - and last but
perhaps most of all to Pete Long - he sold me a factory roll bar (btw, it
fits a low windshield car just fine and will look GREAT!!) and a few other
tidbits that will get my car on the road!!

Next year, I plan to DRIVE MY ROADSTER AROUND THE PORK CHOP!!

Sidney Raper
1964 1500
1967 SRL311 00060
1967 SRL311 00076
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html
(why is it that so many car events that I go to have a pork chop figured
into them somehow??)