Z8 encounter

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Z8 encounter
From: bill <wschaibe@ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:35:50 -0700
Funny experience this evening.  Stopped at a light and a nice shiny
black Z8 pulls up along side me and asks what kind of car I have.  I
tell him "Datsun Roadster" and he says "What, is that new?  I've never
seen anything so small.  It's cute."  I said "No.  It's a Datsun, you
know like Nissan, like before the 240Z."  Nothing seemed to register.
Then he asked if I had to put the top up manually and if it was a real
pain.  Said it was cute again and then took off with the light.  This
guy obviously didn't know much about cars.  My 13 year old son and I had
a good laugh.

Bill
San Diego
70 1600