Re: Z8 encounter x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: wschaibe@ucsd.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Z8 encounter x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: JRDMF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 01:19:09 EDT
In a message dated 4/29/02 10:35:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
wschaibe@ucsd.edu writes:

> I said "No.  It's a Datsun, you
> know like Nissan, like before the 240Z

Stumping the rest of the "sports car" world is half the fun of owning these
cars. I used to take my 1600 to the Huntington Beach Concourse, DE Elegance
every summer. (You know....the one where they put the Japanese classics
behind the bathrooms?) The last time that I went they put me right between a
pair of 240 Z's, one of which was one of the most tricked out 240's I have
seen. The two guys that brought the car were probably in their early 30's and
stared at my car for at least 45 minutes before one of them got up the nerve
to ask me what it was. (My car has no emblems or badges.) I'm don't know if
they left early because nobody was paying much attention to the Japanese
cars, or because the other "Z" owner couldn't contain his laughter. Either
way, they didn't even say good-bye.

True story

Jon
Huntington Beach, Ca