Re: Solvang pics (Battery)

To: Brian_Hollands@adp.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solvang pics (Battery)
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 00:21:22 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/02 11:01:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Brian_Hollands@adp.com writes:
The old Corvair battery was used on the early Roadsters and is still made by
Interstate, I think it is a 53 and is 13 inches long, 4.7 inches wide and 8.3
high.  A better, according to my Corvair friends (much more cranking power)
but still narrow one is also made by Interstate, type 51 is 9.4 x 5.1 x 8.8,
and is available as a 51R which switches the plus and minus so the positive
terminal can be on the inside, rather than the outside as on the 51 and 53.
I bought a 51R at Pep Boys.  It fits in the narrow tray fine.

BatteryWeb.com has all the dimensions for popular batteries.

Gary C