195X60X14 Falkan Azemis on 14X5.5 LIBRAs: fitting them up

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 195X60X14 Falkan Azemis on 14X5.5 LIBRAs: fitting them up
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 08:27:13 -0400
For all:
Yesterday I got charged with taking care of this delinquent
boy (13) down the street, his (divorced) mom could not
control him.  So....I put him to work cleaning up my used
but nice 4 spoke Libra wheels. (all the while telling him that
if he didn't do well in school he could expect to do work like
this for the rest of his life)...and in fact he could do work
like this and not get paid for it in prison.  I didn't pay him
either....but in any event, he learned a lesson in life and
5 hours later I had some nice looking wheels.

I had one of my new Falken Azemis mounted on one of them
without weights and went around making sure the fitment
would be OK.  The rear fenders are OK (might have to
trim some fender lip a bit) but in the front they are very
close to the brake lines.  I am going to mark where the
tire guys can stick on the weights so as not to hit the
brake lines (its that close), but was wondering if others
on the list have other ideas (I hate to think of carefully
bending those intricate brake lines).  The Falkens version
of 195 seems a little wide than others...and they will
rub the front at full lock here and there, but I'm not
too worried about that.

BTW, when I took the tire and wheel into Advance Auto
to get the right shouldered lug nuts and washers at
least 4 different "Rice Boy" type kids asked me where
I got the cool/rad/boss tires and how much they cost
and were they legal for the street.  When I told them
4 with shipping and tax delivered to my house were 214$
they just about pooped small golden kittens.....
I think tread pattern is more important than performance
to some of these guys.

Cant wait to get them all on the car, and if anyone
has ideas for the front interference please let me know.

Thanks!
Jim
Chesapeake, Virginia
67 pushrod 2L 5spd
72 510 sportwagonGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com