RE: Quest for easier fit engine

To: <Tomet9@aol.com>, "roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Quest for easier fit engine
From: "Peter Long" <Peter.Long@ecologic.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 12:08:06 -0400
Define easy...

>From what I've seen (from personal experience, and talking to others)
there is nothing that hard about fitting an SR20 or KA24 into a
roadster.  My KA installation did not involve any cutting of any part of
the frame or front cross member, but then I set mine further back than
'normal', sparing the front cross member, but made a custom length drive
shaft necessary.

Michael Spreadbury's advice would be my first stop in figuring our what
works the easiest. He voiced his thoughts on the subject a month or so
back.

In any case, if one is not overly mechanically inclined, I would suggest
that any engine swap is not for them (unless you have lots and lots of
money to pay someone else to sort the car for you), as anything other
than stock will require varying amounts of custom fitment and
fabrication and compromise.  There is no such thing as plug and play
when it comes to a roadster.

Pete Long
'68 2.4 twin cam conversion, with much improved centre of gravity ;)