FIA U20 head 4 sale - expressions of interest please

To: "datsun-roadsters-digest@autox.team.net"
Subject: FIA U20 head 4 sale - expressions of interest please
From: Howard Fletcher <hgf@netro.com.au>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:35:29 +1000
Hi  racers,

A friend of mine has a genuine U20 FIA head for sale.
It was in a race car in Australia about 15 years ago for a couple of
meetings but I don't think the guys had the technology to get it going
properly
It would also need a fairly radical cam grind
It comes with inlet manifold for 50mm solex but doesn't come with the carbs
(50's are mandatory for it to work properly).

It is definitely a different mould from the std heads I have seen, it seems
to have been part derived
from a smog head - but where the plugs go are just moldings of the head.

the ports are in different positions to the std head (I have seen them side
by side)

The valves are oversize.

No work seems to have been done to this head at all, since the original
casting. the ports are still rough.
It flows to 230+ hp before cleaning up. or any intelligent gas flow work -
estimate could give 245bhp out of a U20

Anyone interested in purchasing - we can send / publish photos? -  I will
have to do it, my friend doesn't have a scanner.

But also has anyone encountered the U20 FIA head before or know much about
it ?

Regards,

Howard