Re: R/R Lug Bolt?

To: <Tomet9@aol.com>
Subject: Re: R/R Lug Bolt?
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 12:57:21 -0500 (CDT)
Tom,

I replaced the lug bolts with long studs on my car when I put on alloy
rims. The studs can be beat out and I used a spacer, lig nut and a clamp
to help press the stud in. The studs I used were Dorman studs, intended
for a Corvair. There are 2 different Corvair studs used, take one of your
old ones with you and match the diameter.  The only difference is in the
splines on the Corvair studs are not the same, but fit any way. I
installed the studs about a year ago and didn't have to retorque the nuts
after installing the studs, so I believe they seated fine.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner