Re: good plug goes bad??- all the time

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: good plug goes bad??- all the time
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:11:31 EDT
In a message dated 5/12/02 10:24:48 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
jdg1@ix.netcom.com writes:

> I've never had a problem with NGK nor have I heard of a sparkplug going bad
> in this fashion. Anyone have a similar experience?

 Yup - happens all the time. The worst culprits were the Autolite plugs -
seen many of them practically falling apart - right outta the box. They can
look good on the outside, but be trash on the inside. (Funny - same company
does Fram oil filters - seen too many of them rattle around inside - right
outta the box too - QC anyone ???)

Let's do some fun math.....
If you think about it - it's a wonder they work at all... let's say you're
running @ 4000RPM - each spark plug would be firing 500 x / min - thats
roughly 8 x/ sec - in a filthy, high-pressure atmosphere. Add that to the
fact that most older cars are tuned overly rich and have somewhat worn rings.
 Lets say you do 10,000 freeway miles per year - thats somewhere in the
nieghborhood of 5 million precise "sparks" needed between annual plug change.
Let's see YOU hold up like that !  <G>

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC