The kindred spirit and good kharma of fellow rocer's

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: The kindred spirit and good kharma of fellow rocer's
From: Matt Weiss <roadstersurf@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:42:33 -0700 (PDT)
To all the roadster owners out there that have ever needed help on their cars,
I have to say that this last Saturday was a testament to the spirit and
comradery of helping a fellow rocer in need.

The one in need was me.  The problem was the 66' 1600 that I purchased last
month and have had no clue on where to begin to make it road worthy enough to
become my weekend driver...

Between the previous owners bubble gum and bailing wire solutions and my own
inexperience with the roadster idiosynchrocies, I was at a loss...

To the rescue!!!  Dun dah dah dahhhhh!!!  who comes swooping into my driveway
tools and parts in hand?  The main man with da master plan!  Victor  and His
trusty sidekick, Steve!

These guys had my car up on jack stands, manifolds apart, gaskets getting
sealed and my car running like a champ by days end...  It was truly amazing to
have other people that I have never met and barely even spoken to via email
drop there own projects to come over on a Saturday afternoon and give me a
thorough lesson on the inner workings of my new toy.  Sure I had to take a lot
of crap that was easily blamed on the previous owner, but what a small price to
pay in exchange for making some new friends and learning how to keep good old
Ethel alive!!!

Victor and Steve, I wanted the whole list to know that roadster owners, and
especially you guys, are some of the nicest, coolest people I've ever met!!!

You guys are rocer's to the bone, and I really appreciate your help and
experience.

The next tune up day at my house is hopefully not to far off...  Anyone living
Southern California that's interested, keep your eyes open for the alert...
I've got a nice clean area in the back of my house that can fit up to 5 or 6
roadsters maybe even more.  I've also got a couple really cute neighbors (Paige
& Melissa) that said they'll be happy to make us lunch and brings us beers!!!

Thanks Victor and Steve

Matt Weiss

66' 1600
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience