Re: Time Chains on Partsamerica.com

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Time Chains on Partsamerica.com
From: dana nojima <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:08:26 -0700
When I recently put an engine back together I was able to use gears and
chains that  I had purchased about 10 years ago, for the day that I
might need them. Glad that I had spent the money back then.  Most of my
experience with worn chain and gears comes from bikes.  One thing that I
was told was it made no sense to put in a new chain without putting in
new gears.  Because of the increase spacing of worn gears, the new chain
wouldn't fit correctly, thus accelerating the wear on the new chain.

So in the case of the lack of gears, or limited supply of gears what
should one do?

Dana

--
Dana Nojima, Ph.D.