Hardtops Vs. Softops

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Hardtops Vs. Softops
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:11:53 -0700
Hey All,

For those of you out there who own 63-64 1500s, you know what a joy it is to
put the top up on your cars. It really is like pitching a tent. I have
gotten pretty good at it and can have the top up in just a couple of
minutes.

In Socal I don't need to worry too much about the weather. It DOES rain
occaisionally (like today) but not much in the scheme of things. Tops to me
have two functions: Keep you warm if it is cool outside and keep the sun
from baking your melon on hot days.

Soft tops seem much easier to come by than a good hard top. You can find
hard tops, but I am not wild about the looks. The only exception are the
smoothline hard tops and I remember someone saying they don't make them for
low windhshield cars anymore. Bummer.

After I drop my King's ransome on restoring my 67.5 2000, it certainly is
not going to ever see rain. I think I would prefer a hard top, but one that
I can paint exactly the same color as the car.

Are there no aftermarket places that will build me a custom hard top for my
67? Anyone out there know of any?

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC