Seat belts and roll bars

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat belts and roll bars
From: "Greg Hare" <ghare@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:44:20 -0400
>From what I''ve gathered off the list, it appears my aftermarket roll
bar (PO installed) uses the two holes on the wheel well that would be
the place to attach the three-point harness as a place to bolt the roll
bar. (69 1600 if it makes a difference)

So my question (in several parts) is

A) Is this roll bar worth having installed other than cosmetics? I
understand SCCA rules require the bar to be attached to the frame, and
this thing sure ain't - although it seems better than NOT having it. -
and I don't race my car - it's pretty much strictly around town

B) If it's worth keeping, where should I attach the seat belts? To the
roll bar itself?

C) If it's NOT worth keeping, are the datsun originals any good? Or
should I get one custom made that attaches to the frame?