RE: suspension opinions

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: suspension opinions
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:19:26 -0700
Saying it "removes a certain level of comfort" is like saying the Galveston
Flood was a little wet! Yeah, I lived with the comp setup on the street for
years, but that was when I was in my 20's. I wouldn't want it every day now,
which is why my daily driver is something else. I've kept the stiff setup on the
roadster for fun times.

But driving on the freeway is probably the best ride with that suspension. I can
drive from Seattle to central Oregon and not be particularly tired. That's
"only" about 300 miles, a short jaunt for some of the "Buns of Steel" members of
this list, but I'm not in that group any more.

I think a good suspension setup would be stock front springs, early 1600 rear
springs, comp front sway bar and good shocks (Koni or KYB). That'll get you
pretty darn good handling and still keep you from losing fillings or having to
wear a kidney belt.

BTW, remember that the tires you run have quite an effect on the ride, too. A
big wide tire with short, stiff sidewalls will definitely keep you in touch with
every little road imperfection.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA